Commonwealth Roofing is expert in a vast assortment of products and systems to provide your church with a variety of choices when considering roof appearance and performance. However, it is quite possible that nearly 50% of church roofs we have serviced in the past, have leaks & water damage from lack of proper roof & gutter maintenance. A gutter cleaning or simple roof maintenance may solve your problem & eliminate the necessity for costly repairs or replacement. Below are some other notorious issues known to churches.
Churches often present unique roofing issues:
- Traditional & historical yet impacted the greatest by weather due to their obvious exposure.
- Usually if a church steeple is the culprit of the leak, missing or wind damaged materials or natural decay could be the cause since they are difficult to keep maintained.
- Other notorious leaks may occur where the steeple base meets an adjoining roof due to improper flashing or flashing decay.
STEEP SANCTUARY ROOFS
- Occasionally suffer from missing shingles or missing slate that have fallen out.
- Light weight metal roofs (tin) often have a tendency of damage from wind gusts & a lot of times metal roofs are not painted annually & lack of painting these roofs can lead to premature decay.
- Roof leaks may occur at fascia wall/roof flashings, deterioration can be caused by old caulk or decayed metal.
CHURCH OFFICE/GYM FLAT ROOFS
- These roofs can leak from something as simple as improper drainage or clogged roof drains.
- Service technicians servicing mechanical equipment such as air conditioning units, can inadvertently damage the roof without knowing it.
- Most people don’t actually know the age of their roof & leaks can occur from roof deterioration.
Replacement versus Repair Options:
- Single ply roof systems offer a cost effective, low maintenance alternative to more traditional built-up roof systems. Some single ply membranes are energy-star rated & may save the church energy costs over the life of the roof.
- If modified roofs (built-up) are still preferred, a modified SBS roof system in cold adhesive provide the protection of traditional built-up roofs without the fumes of a hot tar kettle.
- Synthetic shingles & slate are a cost-effective, attractive replacement to traditional slate roofs.
- Modern day metal roofs are an alternative solution to traditional tin or copper roofs.
- Most steeple roofs can be repaired as opposed to replaced with modern day materials & coatings.
We are expert in most all types of quality systems including shingles, metal, EPDM, TPO, PVC, & modified asphalt. Whatever your need is, we will provide you with the most effective, valuable solution for your church roof. If you would like to schedule a maintenance program, repair or replacement estimate, please use the contact us form.
“We are very satisfied with your work, we receive excellent service & we wouldn’t think of using anyone else.”
Hikes Point Christian Church